One of my favorite meals from a sandwich is an excellent meatball sub. I am a happy camper, a simple combination of another favorite meal (spaghetti and meatballs) between some version of bread.
I usually use pre-made meatballs (store-bought or homemade) saved over from a pasta meal. My usual sauce of choice is marinara, but pesto tastes excellent too. Ciabatta rolls or any other hearty bread is the best vehicle of choice. Do not forget to dig out some of the bread from one half of the roll to make space for the real deal.
- 2 slices of any loaf bread of one 1 ciabatta roll
- 5-6 mini meatballs
- 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce or pesto
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella or fresh mozzarella chopped into small pieces
- Slice the mini meatballs in half and reheat them on a pan with the marinara sauce.
- Toast the bread or roll in the oven at desired settings
- Spread the sauce over the top and bottom of the bread.
- Spread the meatballs, cut side down on the bottom half of the roll closely packed.
- Top with shredded cheese and toast in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Add shredded lettuce and cover the top.
- Cut in sandwiches into halves.
- Serve with a side salad and enjoy!