I am by no means a vegetarian. However, I do like a veggie burger occasionally. Trader Joe's Veggie Masala Burger is one of my favorites, and I frequently use it as a fallback option when I require a delicious quick meal.
While I like to include some fresh ingredients (lettuce, shallots, cucumbers, and or tomatoes), they are unnecessary. This burger tastes great with two slices of bread, a pita, or a salad topper. Reheat the frozen burger in an air fryer or in a toaster oven and enjoy. With the right condiments and fresh produce, even the most die-hard carnivore will not miss the meat.
- 2 slices of any loaf bread of one 1 ciabatta roll
- 1 Trader Joe’s Veggie Masala Burger
- Sliced avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers
- ½ small onion chopped
- Sprouts or thinly sliced salad greens
- Mustard, hummus, labneh or harissa
- Reheat the veggie burger in an air fryer for 5-6 minutes or in a toaster oven for about 10 minutes (preheat to 350 degrees)
- Toast the bread or roll in the oven at desired settings
- Spread the condiments over the top and bottom of the bread. I usually dig out some of the bread from ciabatta to make room for filling.
- Layer the burger along with the fresh produce and lettuce or sprouts.
- Cut in sandwiches into halves.
- Serve with some chips and enjoy!