Mexican food has quickly become one of my favorite cuisines, and my go-to place for a quick meal is always chipotle or Qdoba. Even as their tacos are very good, homemade tacos are just as satisfying and are surprisingly simple to make if you have the right ingredients. I like making my tacos with chicken or beef, but this recipe is super customizable and you can make yours with any of your favorite meats or vegetables.
- 10 hard or soft-shelled tacos
- 1 pound of ground beef/chicken/turkey/tofu
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Olive oil
- Fresh cilantro and or scallions (optional)
- Pour oil in a skillet over medium flame. Add garlic and onion and saute for about five minutes to a golden brown.
- Stir in the tomato paste and taco seasoning for about a minute
- Add ground meat and 1 tablespoon of salt and cook for 10-12 minutes, carefully breaking up the pieces of meat and stirring occasionally until meat is cooked. Top with scallions and fresh cilantro.
- Place filling inside taco shells and add toppings of your choice (guac, salsa, sour cream … etc)
Teen Recipe Type