Almond butter and banana toast are packed with protein and are the perfect post-workout snack for muscle recovery. It also is a super easy dish to make and is a healthy alternative that effectively satisfies any sugar cravings that you may have. To make this dish more into a desert, cover it with foil and bake to turn it into a melted gooey goodness!
Sun butter or any other non nut butter can be used as substitute as well. Other fruits that work well with this combination include mangoes and peaches.
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter
- Drizzle of honey
- Fresh black pepper
- Spread nut butter on bread. Apply generously, or hold back if you are diet conscious. It really depends on your mood on the day. I would suggest some generosity on days you’re stressed.
- Toast in a toaster oven to desired crispness.
- Slice a banana into thinly cut even pieces and layer this atop the butter spread across the bread.
- Lightly drizzle some honey and some freshly ground pepper (optional)
Teen Recipe Type